We received an anonymous written contribution to our Trauma & Awakening conversation series. Thank you to the writer for having the courage to answer and share these reflections! Much love. x
I have written the following to be considered for your trauma passion project:
1. Three words that I believe describe me: strong, brave, true
2. Words that others use to describe me: spiritual, accepting, selfless, mindful, radiant, lifelong learner
3. What helps me feel safe and grounded:
Safe: being in my own environment / home, my belief system allows me to feel safe (the Universe and all that it encompasses), my family.
Grounded: listening to meditations such as Heart of Reiki, using essential oils, resting / laying down, putting my feet on the earth (physical grounding), using visualization, putting my hand on my heart or both hands on my heart and breathing, saying gratitude in my mind, saying it out loud or writing out my gratitude list.
4. How I define trauma: Any significant event or situation that has a severe negative impact on you.
5. How trauma has contributed to my suffering: Tremendously.
Trauma has had a huge impact on my life. It has impacted me in ways I never thought my life would be impacted and on the flip side it has brought me insight and understanding of trauma that I never imagined I would experience or understand in my life
6. How trauma has contributed to my personal evolution: It has been a path of tremendous growth.
I never looked at my trauma that way before (as growth), but I look at it that way now. I have an understanding of trauma on a personal level not a text book level and I understand how it impacts an individual's life and also how it impacts their family and the people close to them. Essentially I have knowledge of how trauma ripples out and affects all aspects of ones life and the loved ones.
7. Words of wisdom to others who are stuck in traumatic suffering: Take your experience and make it your strength. Use it to make you a stronger, wiser, better, greater human being. Use it to help, support, and educate others when you are ready. Choose to grow through your experience. You do have a choice.
Please keep my name anonymous right now.